Q: What's the best type of gutter guard?

I have two large maple trees that are close to my house. Their leaves plug up the house's gutters. Is there a good brand of gutter guards that would keep this from happening? It's a two story colonial and I don't like getting on the roof any more than I have to.

Thanks,

Steve

Do a search for a thread entitled "Anyone know of Gutter Shutter or the like?" a few days back. The people there mention having luck with LeafGuard; more details are in that thread.

Reply to
blue

Anything that involves a solid cover over the gutter is a paradise for bee and wasp nests.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

i cant see your house, but im betting a little pruning would probably go a long way here...

randy

Reply to
xrongor

I've never had the problem though occassionally a small bird will go in to my Leafguard gutters to eat bugs.

Reply to
Art

In a previous posting, Usenet was endowed with the following text from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (X):

I posted earlier about Steelco gutter screens, which I saw for the first time at a home show in Hot-lanta. I think they offer the most bang for the buck. You may have trouble finding them, as they don't seem to advertise much and are not widely available. You can also order direct from the company

They are easy to install (I did mine myself) and are very inexpensive compared to the over priced gutter cover things. Mine have been up since last fall. I climbed the ladder last weekend to see how things were looking, and so far, they're doing exactly as I had hoped. I'm impressed.

MA

Reply to
Micro Angelo

see my other post regarding my experience with gutter screens

Reply to
Art