Q: How to make/clone rubber parts?

I have several gadgets that have missing/broken rubber parts that I want to replace. Assuming that I can remove the torn/worn-out parts without (further) damaging them, does anyone know if (and how) I can make copies of them?
Thanks.
It would help to know what kind of parts they are. Are they gasket type material, well then yes you can replace them. Are they isolators, most likley.
Searcher \\
Shopdog wrote:

Some of them are rubber plugs that cover up connectors on electronic gadgets when the connectors are not in use. Another one is a rubber piece that covers a pushbutton switch on a flashlight.
I also want to know if I can fabricate a repair part for a torn-off button from a remote, if that should happen.

Sir, You have WAY too much time on your hands.
Gerry Gardiner wrote:

The ability to fabricate repair parts comes handy sometimes. I think of learning how to do it as a hobby. It's not all that different from people building models for fun.

I was just kidding. I build models and have duplicated small detail items with flexible molds using 2 part resin. You could always make a mold and create a flexible part with a latex or rubber compound. The problem is, if the parts already gone, you've lost the master for making a duplicate. Check model making sites for suppliers.
Gerry Gardiner wrote:

Any pointers (sites, materials, brands etc)?
Any source for silicone rubber? Machines I sercive for a living use a red silicone rubber rollers that cost hundreds of dollars. I am interested in replacing that rubber:)
Have a friend with a machine shop to do that

Ah.. For the plugs and button, cut up chunks from an erasor would probably work. For the membrane-cover on the flashlight, I'd use thin leather and glue, the underside of a mousepad, or possibly canvas coated with latex casting compound.
Goedjn wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I still want to learn how to make rubber parts - it's useful for repairs and for crafts.

Depends on what they do, how big they are, and what you mean by "rubber".
Are you talking about wheels, belts, vibration mounts, or something else?
Easiest/cheapest thing would probably be to find someone who's just totalled their car, swipe the bumper-guard off the bumper, or cut out a bushing, and carve the replacement part out of that.
Casting shops (for jewelry makers etc.) sometimes have mixes for making rubber molds.
mtco wrote:

A simple google search found
http://www.rubbermoldcompounds.com/liquidrubber.htm
Search for "how to make rubber molds" or "how to make rubber parts"
http://www.smooth-on.com/urethanes.asp
Make a mold, fill it with "liquid rubber". Wait. Remove it from the mold.
Larry Bud wrote:

Thanks.