Q: How to get rid of rabbits?

Page 1 of 2
I just found a small rabbit hole with about 5 bunnies around. I am selling the house soon and I don't want them around. They are right in the center of a bed of tulips.
My only idea is relocation... Drop a bucket over them and relocate them off in a forest perserve
Suggestions? (can use previous suggestions of electrocution and cat/dog)
C_kubie

i have a pair of harris hawks that live in the trees by my house that do the job for me
The shotgun may work.
I can duct tape the lettuce to the end of the barrel and sit behind a cactus waiting like Wile E. Coyote holding a string that is tied to the trigger.
Usually anything involving produce and shotguns don't mix. That's why I avoid vegetables.
C_kubie
On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:10:43 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"

Fire ants.
In the old days, I could hardly drive a mile without seeing a living or dead (road kill) rabbit - both jacks and cotton tails.
Since the fire ants invaded, I've driven for thousands of miles in the rural southwest without seeing a single live or dead rabbit.
Same goes for terrapins. Used to be that you couldn't raise a garden because the terrapins would eat everything and the hiways were littered with their shells. But it has now been over 15 years since I've spotted a single shell. I'm sure that many varities are now extinction or near extinction.
So shake a bottle of live fireants near the hole and the rabbits will disappear.
In a month we'll see a post from C_kubie asking "How to get rid of Fire Ants" :) n.
On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:04:15 -0700, c_kubie wrote:

Use a head of lettuce, and a 12-gauge. Then relocate them to the dumpster.
Linux Registered User #327951
c snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

    Have you tried moth balls or ammonia placed in the holes? Both of these have been known to cause unwanted varmints to leave their habitat.
Hire Elmor Fudd, he'll get those wascally wabbits.
Where are you buying fire ants?
Moving rabits is like moving squirrels. More come back in.
Same with killing em off. My Dad had a friend, one time, who got tired of the squirrel in his bird feed. Shot the squirrel. And then shot the one who moved in, and the one after that. He gave up after the 300th squirrel.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

What's wrong with rabbits? We have rabbits and all kinds of other critters running around the property.
What is wrong with rabbits....are they causing any significant damage? I'm not expert, but what about just learning to live with them and maybe plant some bushes that the rabbits won't chomp away at?
Some potential home buyers might even see the presence of rabbits as a plus. They are likeable creatures and not rodents.
J.
ups.com...

mothballs

How do you get their little legs spread apart?
Hey!....How about placing an upside-down hat outside the hole, with some carrots in it, and when the rabbits hop into the hat to eat the carrots, say abracadabra and then snap your fingers!
Sorry, I know this wasn't the sort of answer you were looking for.
J.

At the risk of upsetting certain people, rabbits are pretty tasty. A pellet gun or a wrist rocket, a sharp knife (see below) and a roasting pan is all you need.
-Frank
--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com
Here's some of my work:
On Thu, 19 May 2005 14:03:11 -0700, Frank J Warner wrote:

Some olive oil and herbs are nice additions, too.
Linux Registered User #327951
<<At the risk of upsetting certain people, rabbits are pretty tasty. A pellet gun or a wrist rocket, a sharp knife (see below) and a roasting pan is all you need.>>
But it's DUCK SEASON!

Catch them in a large towel and beat them with a hammer.

It should be done to you, jerk.