pvc toilet flange disconnect

guys,
im about to install an offset toilet flange to make my toilet more center to the bathroom, got some Q here:
1. how to remove the old pvc flange? if its PVC cemented is there a way to loosen it? so that ill replace it w/ my offset flange?
2. any bad experience w/ offset flange? as i see in home depot there is a curve/elbow on it, will it affect flushing?
3. pvc 101 please, how do i join two pvc? purple primer first then cement?
thanx
zackde wrote:

<SNIP>
It all depends...
Basement- saw it off and couple new pipe on.
Slab- much harder. If the pipe is glued *inside* the flange there is a special tool to cut the pipe. Then you need a new flange with an extended collar.
If it's buried in cement, no picnic.
Jim
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (zackde) wrote:

With a saw. It is impossible to disassemble a PVC joint. You will probably need a coupling and a short length of pipe, to extend the existing pipe after you remove the existing flange.

Shouldn't be a problem...

That's correct.
thanks