pvc question

I needed some pvc today. Being in the usual rush, I asked the girl where it was, and she said it was in two places. One by the plumbing supplies, and the other in the garden section.
I went to the closest place which was the plumbing supply area and grabbed six sticks.
After I got home, I noticed it said SCH 40 COLD WATER PIPE. A standard 3/4" fitting goes on it easily. Is there any difference between this and pvc manufactured for sprinkler use?
Steve
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 01:30:37 -0700, "SteveB"

It has a thicker wall, so it has a smaller I/D. It is a lot stronger than the thinwall 200PSI stuff tho.

The sprinkler pipe that is in my yard is schedule 40 also. Wouldn't they be the same ID? I haven't used it yet, so can still exchange it.
Steve

Class 200 is usually used underground because it is cheaper and the ID is bigger meaning less pressure drop across a longer run. If you truly have SCH40 underground then the piece you have will work fine. If you have class 200 you may wish to stick with it. The fittings are the same for either.