PVC Pipe question

When joining PVC pipes in the past, I have sanded them, primed them and then cemented them. Is it really necessary to sand the surfaces to be joined? Is the primer enough?
Thanks
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Primer is plenty sanding is not necessary

Radical idea: read the directions on the can of cement.
--
Regards,
I did read the instructions. However, some time ago, a "master plumber" told me to sand the connections, "it makes a better joint". I guess he was thinking of sweating copper connections.
Walter R. wrote:

You should make sure there are no burrs because burrs will keep the surfaces from having tight contact.

No need to sand.
Walter R. wrote:

I am with the others, absolutely no need to sand. Deburr, yes.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.