PVC pipe fittings

2 questions:
1) is there such a thing as a 90 degree elbow available with a 2" NPT male thread on the end? Lower the profile, the better.
2) is there any kind of fitting that can be put in the middle of a run of PVC pipe that will allow it to be dissassembled and reassembled?
reason I ask is, I'm making an overflow pipe for a cistern. It has a 2" NPT hole in the top of the cistern. I have a NPT to PVC adapter feeding a 90 degree elbow, when the water starts flowing out of the elbow the water level is very close to the hole in the top of the cistern where the downspout enters. If I could lower the floor of the elbow at all that would be preferable. The reason for the second question is I would like to glue the pieces together once this setup is all worked out, but if I did that there would be no way to remove it from the cistern without cutting the pipe.
thanks!
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

One of these? http://preview.tinyurl.com/2n4c7z

You need one of these: http://www.acehardware.com/sm-kbi-and-reg-sch40-pvc-union--pi-1277849.html
--
Grandpa

Grandpa wrote:

yeah, both look like what I need. Now to find a store that carries them! I'm at the mercy of my local Home Despot; I've got *two* of them closer than any real hardware store :(
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Try a local plumbing supply house, the type a plumber goes to, if you know what you want and have money they will sell you anything they have. They just don't have time to hold hands while people figure out what they want and they don't usually have any displays.

It s_cks to be you!

Home Depot has street elbows here in Florida but this may be a more PVC friendly place (no labor unions)
They also sell a slip connector with a rubber collar and a nut to tighten it down over the pipe but if there is no real pressure on the fitting a Fernco will work (basically radiator hose and 2 hose clamps)
Nate Nagel writes:

Compression union. Sprinkler aisle at Home Depot.