pvc +pipe +crush +resistance.

Google didn't help. Maybe you guys can.

I want to drain some gutters using schedule 40 PVC pipe. The only acceptable path is down the gravel driveway. I plan to go right down the middle, but two side shoots will have to pass the tire tracks. The less my son has to dig the happier he will be. Is 4" schedule 40 pipe strong enough to support a normal residential driveway load when it is covered by 4" of and supported by DGA (rock from 3/4" to dust, called road fill in some other areas) ?

Thanks in advance.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Lay a pressure treated 2x10 over the pipe. Should last long enough to be a problem for your descendants.

Reply to
Lorence M