PVC pipe

Hello,
A friend of mine is creating a game and he is looking for 2 inch schedule 40 PVC pipe, each piece is two feet long, with one end having a belled end. Does anyone know how we might purchase this? It seems like all of the PVC runs much longer and we don't want to do all of the cutting. Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

PVC pipe, each piece is two feet long, with one end having a belled end. Does anyone know how we might purchase this? It seems like all of the PVC runs much longer and we don't want to do all of the cutting. Thanks. Any help would be appreciated. Bell end pipe is going to be 10' (conduit) or 20' (water pipe), That is just the way they make it. You may find 10' bell end water pipe somewhere but I have never seen it.
You can put couplers on it or you will be wasting 8' of pipe on each stick.
On Monday, July 30, 2012 2:52:06 PM UTC-4, Molly wrote:

The box stores sell shorter lengths of straight pipe, but you will spend about the same $$ on a 2' length as you will a 10' length.
Also, no bell on the end. I've never seen 2" PVC with a belled end, myself. The only PVC I've seen with a belled end is 4" drainage pipe.

Electrical conduit.
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:51:43 -0500, Dean Hoffman

You can also get white sch 40 water pipe with a bell end but I have only seen in it 20' sticks. Lowes even has it some places but it will be in the back, not out on the floor. I got it in 2" and 3" at the Ft Myers store when I was plumbing my pool.

about the same $$ on a 2' length as you will a 10' length.
I would double check that, I would say it would cost at least twice as much for precut pipe..
When I did HVAC, my boss used to use a mitre saw to cut PVC. Worked very nicely. http://www.harborfreight.com/10-inch-compound-miter-saw-91995.html Know any contractors?
Hello,
A friend of mine is creating a game and he is looking for 2 inch schedule 40 PVC pipe, each piece is two feet long, with one end having a belled end. Does anyone know how we might purchase this? It seems like all of the PVC runs much longer and we don't want to do all of the cutting. Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

i built some games using PVC drain pipe and one length of clear. it turned out great used for church kids programs in hot weather...
Molly wrote:

My daughter-in-law sells a soap mold. It consists of a six-inch section of a 2" ID plexiglass cylinder and a 2" OD wooden dowel 9" long. We start with 3' long plexiglass cylinders and 4' long dowels. We cut them to lenght on a miter saw and can make about 50 cuts in fifteen minutes.
In your case, just about any powered saw should make short work of the project:
On 7/30/12 1:52 PM, Molly wrote:

I wonder if any plumbing places would have 2" x 24" PVC pipe nipples. I'm guessing not likely and expensive if so. And I wonder if some heat and an automotive tail pipe expander would work if you need a bell end instead of a glue on/screw on coupler.

some of the whole sale places and they were not very receptive. Any other suggestions?

If he wants them cut accurately, asking a distributor without the proper tools is not a good idea. No telling what you will get.

That makes much more sense

Buy a miter box or cheap miter saw. In the end it will be way cheaper than buying precut pipe.
Molly wrote the following on 7/30/2012 2:52 PM (ET):

PVC pipe, each piece is two feet long, with one end having a belled end. Does anyone know how we might purchase this? It seems like all of the PVC runs much longer and we don't want to do all of the cutting. Thanks. Any help would be appreciated. If you don't want to do all the cutting and capping, hire a plumber to make the pieces.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Or find a handyman type that has a table saw. Might even use Craigslist to find someone. It's certainly going to be cheaper to pay a guy like that $25 to cut long lengths of cheap pipe than buying 2 ft lengths of PVC at HD.
If someone cuts them, then you can glue the cap on the ends. A cap is apparently what she means by "bell end". I would have thought it would mean the pipe that has one end expanded so that you don't need a coupling. But her clarrification indicates it is a cap.