PVC pipe

Any way to decouple pvc once it's been glued? I've got a piece I'd like to take off. It's too close to the wall to cut. If not I'll have to rig up something else to get the drain to line up on a bath vanity.
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 29, 6:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 29, 8:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Perhaps with a dremel and a lot of patience, but I doubt what's left would make a good bond with the new material. Drywall is cheap and easy. Dig in.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 29, 7:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

You can cut pvc with a piece of nylon string. Just grab the ends of the sting and do a see-saw action across the pipe. A great trick when there is no room for a blade. Check out the video here... http://www.revver.com/video/594602/how-to-cut-a-pvc-pipe-quick-and-easy-with-a-string /
Add pictures here
✖
keller snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

http://www.revver.com/video/594602/how-to-cut-a-pvc-pipe-quick-and-easy-with-a-string / What a hoot!
Add pictures here
✖

You can cut pvc with a piece of nylon string. Just grab the ends of the sting and do a see-saw action across the pipe. A great trick when there is no room for a blade. Check out the video here... http://www.revver.com/video/594602/how-to-cut-a-pvc-pipe-quick-and-easy-with-a-string /
An old guitar string will work also.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 20:55:34 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Can't unglue.
Add pictures here
✖

No, there's no way to unglue. If you have a fitting that you want to reuse, it is possible to ream out all of the pipe that was glued into the fitting. See, for example, the products listed on this web page (not an endorsement): <http://www.plumbingsupply.com/pvcsaver.html .
Cheers, Wayne
Add pictures here
✖
I had the same problem twice.
I solved it by installing a trap that had two bellows in it. It could be bent so that the in/out were closer together than on a standard trap. I bought it at Lowes. Cost about $1.50.
Another solution is to make the piece that comes out longer, bend it slightly and come out past the sink tailpiece. Install the trap in the reverse direction.
Neither fix is very pretty, but they have both worked for me.
HTH,
EJ in NJ
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 20:55:34 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

tho. That is probably not a problem on a bath vanity into a 1 1/2" drain.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

one up at your local big box store http://www.faucetdepot.com/faucetdepot/ProductDetail.asp?Product !682&AffiliateID=Nextag Ms
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

I have taken a hacksaw blade and cut a slot the length of a coupling, stuck a wide flat blade screwdriver in the slot, twisted and broken the coupling apart. A sharp wood chisel can be used to get the rest of the plastic off. If done carefully, the end of the pipe is in good shape afterwards. A bit of sand cloth will be useful to smooth it out.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks ..there is no vanity there at this point. A plumber put in a curved piece as I was conteplating pushing the new vanity up against the wall to the side. The new vanity is smaller than the old one by about 7 inches as the original one was an odd 43"size.
He cut the old pipe using the string method before he glued the new piece. Now I've decided to center the 36" vanity on the wall. I'll just use the extra bend here or there method. I figure while I'm waiting for the vainity to come in I'd be able to do something. I've had to gerry rig traps before, I just don't like the unprofessional look of it when it's done...
By the way, it IS white pvc. Not sure what the difference is.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

I do a lot of HVAC and refrigeration work and I'm always having to deal with drains that some moron glued together when a union should have been used. If you can get a PVC union on the pipe stub you will always be able to get the drain loose to move and or change things around. I use a lot of them.
http://www.flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=Unions
TDD
Add pictures here
✖