Putting vinyl over existing floor

| What are women doing in the kitchen wearing spike heels? |

A dominatrix or realtor making lunch?

Reply to
Mayayana

all females should wear spike heels with pointy toes at all times. for comfort 4 inch heels, higher for dressier occasions:)

flat shoes, pants should be illegal by law!!!

Reply to
bob haller

Grammar Police here: "...illegal by law..." is not exactly "redundant"; there's a better expression; tautology?? What???

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

not exactly "redundant"; there's a better expression; tautology?? What???

TTFN: Tautology for now?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Makin bacon?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Hi, I feel sorry for them. They can hardly walk.....

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If the linoleum and subfloor are in sound condition there's no reason to remove them. However, you will have to strip every bit of wax and crud off the linoleum. The seams should be tight, but for insurance, you may want to drive a few nails along the seams to ensure it. If it's adhesive-backed tile, don't rely on just that adhesive. Purchase some proper adhesive and use that during the install.

In 1983 we installed a peel-and-stick Armstrong vinyl tile floor in our kitchen over 1954-installed linoleum using the above process. Still have the floor, and the vinyl is finally starting to show its age. Install it right, care for it right, and it'll last longer than you'd expect.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan