Putting up a mail box

Page 2 of 2
- Oscar_Lives -

- Nehmo - While looking over the debris, he heard the phone ring. It was officer speaking in somber tones explaining to him what brought your friend's daughter to the hospital. Apparently someone was giving his daughter a ride home and they were just about there. Then a car in the oncoming lane had a front-left blowout and the vehicle lunged across the center line. The driver of the car carrying the daughter had no choice but to ditch to the right. The doctors didn't have a clear assessment of the daughter's injuries yet because she hadn't regained consciousness.
- Oscar_Lives -

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Some pretty long odds........................
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB
Wrong.
I wouldn't let my daughter ride with a bad driver like you.

Oscar_Lives wrote:

I for one draw the line at setting out to kill or maim someone who hits my mailbox unintentionally. Anything that is in the public easement should be constructed to minimize injury to the occupants of a motor vehicle in the event of a collision with that object. If the box is mounted out of the easement then I suppose it is your business. -- Tom H

If the damage is intentional from something like joy-riding and let's see how many mailboxes we can knock down, then the bastards deserve whatever they get. I'd just as soon see them lying dead in the road.
--
Wayne in Phoenix

- Wayne Boatwright -

- Nehmo -
Except that mail boxes are dumb, and they can't ascertain the intent of the driver who runs into them. Nor can mail boxes determine the other circumstances surrounding an accident - such as the number and age of the vehicle's occupants. (Sometimes buses go off the road.)
Placing a stout mail box by the side of a road is socially negligent. Going further and making a booby-trap mailbox is malicious.
--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:04:23 -0400, "orangetrader"

*** YOU IDIOT ***
If the post is that sturdy, leave the fu--ing thing alone..... Buy a couple cans of spray paint, and paint the iron post. Buy a new mailbox for about $10 and mount it to the post. Job done. Total expense, under $20. Total time for a NORMAL person to do the labor 2 hours or less. In YOUR case, you may need to hire a professional mailbox installer to screw the box to the post and hire a professional painter to spray the post. Total cost $2000. Total time for you to spend calling contractors to do the job, 2 hours on the phone.
BB
No need to insult.
The post is a flimsy wrought iron post that is badly corroded. I don't think any spray paint would help. I have already spray painted it last year and within a month it the corrosion came right back. This is Miami with beating sun and driving rain day in day out.

You could go to an aluminum scrap yard and pick up a 3" aluminum post for a few bucks. It would last forever. Pick up some pieces of angle while you are there to fasten the box to. This stuff is less than a buck a pound at the scrap yard and you can usually find brand new material that was left over from a job.
Rustoleum Rusty Primer. Wire brush any loose rust off the post, then paint. A day later paint the color you wish. Although flimsy, painting is your easiest, cheapest option.
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:32:56 -0400, "orangetrader"

Get a po box and tell that social reject to go fuck him self.
--

SVL

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:04:23 -0400, "orangetrader"

First of all get guidelines about your mail box from the post office. This will tell you exactly where to mount the box. The post and how to secure it is up to you. For example, you can buy a PT 4x4 and a bag of cement or buy one that you simply push into the ground. Another option is to get a PO box and not have a mailbox at all.
---I got three sons and all four of them are named "William".....and my wife is named Georgia---
I'm wondering about where to send the abuse note concerning your vulgarities. I suppose abuse @hotmail.com will have to do.
"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it" George Santyanna
http://members.aol.com/Spielmanjr/index.html http://hometown.aol.com/Spielmanjr/index3.html http://members.aol.com/voyagerlass/index.html
will have to do.

Yup yup--always lotsa fun to be had sending whiney complaints to the great bit bucket in the sky........Feeling better now ???
==== And now heres a link just for you :
http://www.improb.com/airchives/paperair/volume6/v6i4/postal-6-4.html
--

SVL

What the fuck are you talking about?
will have to do.

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:04:23 -0400, "orangetrader"

I just put up a new mailbox. The old post rotted out. If you have some post hole diggers, just buy a pressure treated post and drop it in. It helps to have a tamper too. Pack the dirt around as you fill hole back in, will last for years. Cheaper than the Lowe,s etc. ready made mailboxes. Doesn,t look as nice though!