putting some solder on a copper pin hole --- flux or not?

I just dimpled a copper supply pipe with a screw while hanging durock.
The pinhole does not leak, but I want to put some solder in it. Do I need to flux the pinhole as I would a regular joint or should I just clean the copper, heat the pinhole, and melt a bit of copper in it?
Thanks.
mh
Mike wrote:

if pipe is full of water, I think it is near imposible to solder. I understand there is some sort of epoxy for that. If there is no leak, maybe there is no hole made. Do you have a water meter? No sign of meter needle moving when water is not used? On my meter, if there is a leak however samll it is, detector needle starts carwling slowly.

Flux. Always, no exceptions or the solder won't stick 99.9% of the time. It takes but a second to wipe some on so why would you consider any other method?

Bet you meant to say, "Clean to bright copper, then flux', right?
Joe

Simple job. Could prrobably be done while averybody here is talking about! Drain pipe and stick a bit of soldering on the alleged hole! If someone has to ask how to solder pipe then get somebody else to do it!!!!! If it's too seriously damaged cut pipe (that will help drain it) cut out half an inch or so and rejoin using a soldered copper coupling. If not wanting to solder use 'compression' fitting!
On 6/16/2008 4:26 AM terry spake thus:

I second that emotion. Why risk it when it's such a simple repair? Drain the line, cut it, splice in a short piece and two couplings, bingo.
(Assuming there's enough space to do this.)
conversation with the average voter.
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 04:26:50 -0700 (PDT), terry

Where do you get someone at 3AM?
Besides it takes all the fun out of learning; "I'm just boiling water in the pipe!", "why don't I just drill a hole in the pipe and drain it?"
It makes a better DIYer.