Putting heated air in a cold tire

Dean Hoffman wrote: " This article

makes it sound like Fastrac is making a model for the U.S. that can run up to 50 mph. That would make life interesting with a ten year old running it. "

50mph farm tractor - only in America!

Faster, louder, brighter, prouder!!

..(not) "Proud To Be An American"

Reply to
thekmanrocks

We're just catching up to the guys on the east side of the big pond apparently. The Fastracs didn't fit on 30" rows which might be the most common here. The other common spacing is

36".
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

IIRC, and I probably don't because I was sleeping during class, I might be Boyle's Law. And it is logical if you think about it. Temperature and volume (of a gas) are proportional. Directly? Proportional. If you heat a gas the volume increases. If you cool a gas it decreases. Take a plastic soda bottle and put a finger's worth of water in the bottom. With THE LID OFF, put it in the mic for

30 to 40 seconds to get the water/air hot. The tightly apply the lid and stick it in the freezer. Same thing happens to your tire. A little different because of all the water vapor but it is to illustrate a point.

Bridges

Reply to
Bridges