put your hand in my toilet

toilet tank flapper isn't sealing quite perfectly on occasion hear the tank topping up. Thing in there now is attached with ears over tabs on the tube and looks like pressed carped padding - butt ugly!

Any good/better/best stopper floppers out there ? options ?

Reply to
bumtracks

Greetings,

Make sure the lip that the flapper seals against is smooth and clean.

Hope this helps, William

PS: The 99c ones have always served me well.

Reply to
William Deans

A direct replacement should work fine. Just be certain that your "topping up" is not due to something else like the tube into the overflow pipe being too far down and siphoning.

Reply to
Rich

I prefer the Korky Original. If I release the handle, it drops quickly, and seems to last forever.

Reply to
Michael Baugh

Korgy Orig, was bot@neighborhood hardware store, $2.99 + 7% tax lowest priced one available there.

Picked up a big roll of what I thought was 2"wide 3m clear packing tape, thought Ouch $6.xx but it is flat/invisable box tape ,, . compared yardage & price with the 2" shiny brown package tape then noticed the package said `Clear Nearly Invisable Duct Tape ! Suddenly I realized - I could make Invisable repairs everywhere ! Oh man I though NEAT - bought myself all three rolls for christmas ;)

Reply to
bumtracks

I have found that some of the cheap blue cleaner blocks you leave in the tank can degrade the plastic flapper. Is this a clue? Brian, in Cedar

Reply to
Brian Barnson

Speedy Jim (is he still here?) used to say the best toilet flapper is the red colored 'Bulls Eye' model by FluidMaster.

jim

Reply to
jim evans