put non-shrink grout in void under slab?

Hi all - anyone know where i might find non-shrink grout or some kind of flowable fill material suitable for filling a few voids under my slab floors? Compression strength need only be 1000psi (equivalent to compacted soil). Anyone know what mudjackers use? Traditional concrete would shrink and nullify the desired effect wouldn't it?

The floors haven't really failed yet, just some minor cracks. There are no mudjackers in California - the solution here always involves a jackhammer and a readymix truck. I was going to install a valve-stem in and end cap of a 2" pipe, drill a small hole in the slab, fill the pipe then hold it down over the hole, and let it flow, adding air pressure as needed with a compressor. The material will need to be similar to pancake batter viscosity.

And before we get into the thread drift of why the soil is subsided, we're not exactly sure and there's exactly nothing we can do about it.. engineer says poorly compacted soil. I put in curtain drains above the house in case it's a water thing.

Thanks a bazillion for any pointers as to what material i can use (and find), or how i might squeeze it under the slab floors!

edfardos

Reply to
edfardos

Portland cement plus quartz sand, 1:3.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Any supplier who supplies cement for commercial construction should have bags on non shrink grout. We used a ton on my house for a repair. Be cautious. If you have a perimeter drainage system you could fill it up with grout and ruin it. There are companies (at least one) that makes a manual pump for pumping it in. Find a real mason who gets masonry magazines and there should be an ad for a pump. In fact look for a mason who specializes in repairs and cosndier hiring him.

Reply to
Art