Put lathe screws in the dimples of self-furring lathe?

Doing a stucco repair and using Home Depot self-furring lathe. It's my understanding that ideally the lathe should be in the middle of the stucco. It seems logical to me that the screws should go in the dimples to leave the area between the dimples raised, which would seem to be the whole reason for the dimples.
Any reason why you think this is a bad idea?
Also, how frequently do the screws need to go in? Should ever other dimple across be enough? I'm attaching the lathe to 3/4" plywood.
Thanks.

No-one can answer this. Go to the manufacturers website and they will have all this info.

Self-furring lathe is a crappy product designed for speed not for quality.
Typically fastener schedule is 6" o/c along studs that are at 16" or 24". Over plywood schedule is allowed to be the same.
What is the dimple spacing on the prodcut you have?
6" x 16" gives you one fastener per 96 sq inches. Apply fasteners to dimples at a rate that give you similar density.
I would suggest using non-self-furring lath and using furring nails. You'll wind up with the lath fully embedded in the stucco rather than a situation where the lath runs in & out of the stucco. KInda like having rebar in the concrete & then in the dirt. :(
cheers Bob

Every 5" within each horizontal row, the rows are 5.5" apart and offset.
Approx like this where each asterisk is a dimple.
*_____*_____*_____*_____*_____*_____* ___*_____*_____*_____*_____*_____*__ *_____*_____*_____*_____*_____*_____* ___*_____*_____*_____*_____*_____*__ *_____*_____*_____*_____*_____*_____*

Hmmm... if the spacing is 5.5" x 5", I wonder how it can work with studs at 16" or 24"?
Your idea of using every other dimple would give you one fastener per 100 sq inches... good enough.
Every dimple would give you 4x as many fastener .... way more than you need.
cheers Bob

The idea of securing at the dimples is my idea, I think many people don't do it that way. I haven't seen any YouTube videos of people doing it that way - they just nail/screw/staple wherever. But screwing into the dimples makes sense to me since it leaves as much of the lathe raised up as possible.

That's what the dimples are for...... you're technique is the correct one.

that's because most people using this self-furring lath are not privy to the thinking that went into its design. IME most self-furring lath (esp the pre-papered stuff) is installed incorrectly but that's the typical result because the typical installer isn't trained, doesn't understand the concept & is in a real hurry.
cheers Bob

Bob F-
What word?
cheers Bob

"Cood".

Dunno, I was going with how it was spelled on the sign at Home Depot.