Put cedar or other wood on an existing Aluminum Door

Several of our neighbors now have had their garage doors replaced. These are wood doors with a nice cedar planks on the front, giving it a nice wood design.
I am wonder if it would be possible and practical to do this to an existing Aluminum door.
Several issues. 1. Would the door handle the load (I would just the thinest planks I could find) 2. Would the overhead opener handle the extra load. 3. What would I use to attached the wood? I would not want to drill holes. I am think some of the liquid nails might work.
any thoughts thanks kendall

If there is any rain where you live, this would probably be a bad idea. During rainfall unknown chemicals would pass from the wood to the metal and probably stain it. You do not know what colour these marks will be.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
Kendall wrote:

Possible? Sure
Practical? That's surely debatable at best imo...

All depends on how over-designed it is currently and how much extra weight it has to handle. You don't even tell the size of the door....

The springs balance the door weight, not the opener. You would either need to adjust tension or replace the springs depending on how much was added...

Not for long, w/ such flexing and movement that kind of an application would have, nothing other than a mechanical connection would last long...

You'd have to replace the springs with stronger ones. That way the opener can handle the added load.
Don't know the answer to the rest of your questions though.

You're better off buying a new door, what you're planning is a recipe for pain and suffering.