Push Mower Engine Blowout - Is it toast?

I'm not a very successful lawn mower repair guy, but I think I saw something, maybe even before the net, with lots of new engines for 50 or 100 dollars, closer to 50, but years ago. The only problem would be being sure it would fit. They are very much alike, even the bolt holes, but maybe there are differnces. Of course you have the numbers from your current engine so maybe that's all you need.

Wait a second. This is a push mower? If it costs 250, it must have special features???

Reply to
micky

Like mabee half decent quality? Sure you can buy mowers for $149, but who wants to use one of them? The deck cracks in 3 years or the wheels fall off - and the handle is nasty right out of the box. For twice the price you get one that is more or less a pleasure to use, and it will last 10 to 20 years.

Reply to
clare

Lots of duct tape. Plug that hole, then start it back up and mow on....

Reply to
tangerine3