push-in water fittings leaking

Hope someone out there has the quick cure for this. It's driving me nuts. I installed an under the sink water filter system with push-in or snap-in fittings for the tubing, at the filter unit and the water supply and the faucet. The water supply and faucet fittings are fine but the two lines going into the filter unit slowly drip.
I've removed the fittings and the plastic part and the o-ring look fine. Reinstalled everything and it still leaks. Re-cut the plastic tubing so it's square, and it still leaks.
Any suggestions????

I wonder if teflon tape would work.

There is a tiny hairline crack in the plastic threaded socket. Replace. PJ
<< I wonder if teflon tape would work. >>
No, it's not a sealant.
Joe
I'm telling you this just in case you're not familiar with those type of fittings. Inserting the tubing is a two step process. You push it in until it stops, then let off and push it in again (it goes a little further). Those fittings (John Guest, MurLock and a few other companies make them) are usually very dependable and trouble free. Since you have more than one of them leaking, I would be surprised if they were actually bad. Also I am assuming you are using the tubing that came with the system - that type of fitting requires a higher quality tube than what you get at the local hardware store.

On 21 Jan 2004 10:52:29 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Terry) wrote:

This may or may not work depending on the type of tubing, but has worked for me.
Find a dowel or round metal rod just slightly larger than the *inside* diameter of the tubing. Heat the end of the tubing with a heat gun or the like until it just softens enough to be able to slide the dowel into the end of the tubing an inch or so. Let it cool completely. Now try it to see if it still leaks.
HTH,
Paul

If the other suggestions don't work out, it sounds like you may have a problem with the fittings. Or they are being stressed by bending the tubing too hard. You may have a nick or something else wrong with the orings. You can get new fittings from most water treatment dealers.
Gary Quality Water Associates www.qualitywaterassociates.com Gary Slusser's Bulletin Board www.qualitywaterassociates.com/phpBB2/
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I put in new o-rings and it seems to have cured the drips.
Terry
wrote

replying to Terry, Ray Maramara wrote: I have the same prob with an everpure system I just installed. A couple leaked but I just took the tubing, fine-sanded the tubing that goes into the fitting (tube side and blunt end) and stopped all but one. It's driving me nuts so I'm looking for a heat-shrink tape seal.