PurWater water-filter. Any good? A "best buy"?

The other day, in Costco, I saw a bunch of Purwater water-filters (for eg glasses of water -- screws onto kitchen-sink faucet -- manual turn-on for filtered water, then switch back off again.

Anyone know anything about it?

How good at getting all the bad-stuff?

Any chance of getting all the medical drugs that people pee out and ends up in reservoir and then in my faucet?

THANKS!

David

Reply to
David Combs

Which one? Their web site has several:

Nope. Fluoride, for one, requires a filter that starts around $150. But then your water supply may not have fluoride added.

I see the 2-stage one only reduces lead and chlorine. The 3-stage one is better at getting these out.

Only with reverse osmosis, which entails a permanent installation under your sink.

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

"Do you know when flouridation first began?....

"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."

Reply to
HeyBub

You lost the fluoride fight 50 years ago. Why not take on something more important to obsess over? Lots of good causes out there, Islamofascism, sex -crazed governors, teen pregnancies, etc., etc. Go for it.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Thanks! I think I'll get it, then.