purpose of arrows under floor tile

Anyone know what the purpose of the arrows under peel and stick floor tile is for? I'm ready to do my basement floor, and just for a test I laid out some tiles and noticed thes arrows. The directions don't say, but I read online they should point in the same direction. But I could not notice any difference as far as the way it looks. If I randomly scatter the tile, it looks the same. Does it have something to do with the glue?
Direction arrows are common on ceiling tiles, some flooring, carpet squares, etc. As these materials go through their finishing stages, paints and dyes may not be consistent across the face of the product. It can make a lot of difference on a large area - one turned the wrong way with all others correct can really show up. It is a cosmetic thing, not a glue thing.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

Back in around 1968 we did the 'carpet tile' thing in the operations briefing room. No attention paid to the arrows. Damndest looking thin you ever saw. They were torn up and redone.
Can also ensure pattern matching.
Harry K

For carpet squares it is a must that the arrows are followed. That ensure the 'lay' of the carpet is all in one direction. The 'lay' is the way the carpet is tied and is why a throw rug on carpet will "walk" one direction but no other.
Harry K

Maybe it's just the same process of applying the glue as they use for carpet tiles (where you would want to know the direction of the nap).

My guess: since there are lots of tile patterns that require the tiles to be placed in a specific direction in relation to the adjacent tiles, arrows are printed on the bottom of the tiles to make installation easier. It is probably simpler for the manufacturer to place these arrows on all their tiles during their fabrication instead of separatin out the ones that need it from the ones that don't.
--
Peace,
BobJ

Use the arrows. Even on a floor tile that looks uniform, as it/they wear, something may show up.. Be safe!

Twit

Hey! It's Harry again. If he can't post at least two wrong things every day he goes off his feed.
Harry K

It's to confuse termites.