Purchasing a washer online from Sears? Prepare to pay $31 more than the sale price.

Page 3 of 3
On Tue, 17 May 2016 06:12:25 -0700, Don Y

I don't know what products might be missing from their shelves, but neither store here has any empty shelves. Walmart's very restrictive return policy caused me to get stuck with something I coudl have returned earlier.

Home Depot was very good at "ship free to store". Strangely, I thought it would come to them with their normal truckload of stuff, but it seemed to have been shipped individuallly from St. Louis. They coudl have shipped it to me for the same money, but it's really no effort to go there to pick it up.

On 5/17/2016 1:57 PM, Micky wrote:

The walmart here closed the phone store area at the front of the store and made it into the pickup area for online orders. The self checkouts, I can almost get through them now without help, a couple of times I even made it through without help.
On Sun, 15 May 2016 10:27:36 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"

The net has a lot to do with all this.
Last year was the first year clothing sales on the net exceeded computer and computer accesory sales.
On 5/15/2016 4:27 AM, bob haller wrote:

We just lost our Sears. But they actually didn't want to close. They had kept our store open and closed the two other closest stores which were much older, and it was doing fine.
But the mall owner is trying to tear down the mall and he pressured Sears to sell out, with the help of the city, whose politicians he gives campaign money to.
So now, with the other two Sears gone, we would have to go a long way to go to one.
In any case, I find Lowe's a much better place to buy appliances because they generally have them in stock at the store, you don't have to order it then wait for delivery or wait for it get to the will-call at the store.
On 5/15/2016 6:51 AM, Steve Stone wrote:

Why would you buy from Sears? They may be out of business before you even get the machine installed.
Unless you live two hundred miles from town, go to a good local appliance dealer. Most are priced about the same and have better service.
On 05/15/2016 06:33 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I bought my washer and dryer from a good local appliance dealer. They were very helpful when the dryer failed after just a week.
Interestingly, when the old salesman asked my for my phone number he wrote it down as just 5 digits. It's been more than 20 years since we had 5-digit dialing (it went away when we got ESS in about 1990).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

That's great.
My mother moved from Indianapolis to a town of 50,000 in 1945. The operator would answer and she would give her an exchange and 4 numbers to call. After a while the operator said to her, "You don't have to say OLiver 2, ma'am. They're all OLiver 2. "

Local Mom and Pop shop is closed on Sundays, only non work day we have time to shop.
On 5/15/16 6:51 AM, Steve Stone wrote:

Yeah, BrandsMart pulled that same crap with me. I had recently purchased a new set of equally high quality but much lower priced hoses and had them hooked up to the washer when it was installed.
Then I took theirs along with my receipt back to the store and got a refund.
--
With all this “gun control” talk, I haven’t heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists— just from law