Purchasing a washer online from Sears? Prepare to pay $31 more than the sale price.

Page 1 of 3
You don't seem to be able to purchase a washer on the Sears web site without also purchasing a mandatory set of stainless supply hoses for $31. Not a bad idea for many. Not a good idea for those who already own stainless hoses or better.

My recently purchased LG included the hoses - and the instructions said to only use the supplied hoses ... Perhaps Sears is " hosing " you ...
On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 7:07:10 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

a few months ago my step son ordered a pizza from papa johns online.........
they dont honor the sales price if you order on line. i called corportate and complained.....
a franchise district manager did cll me back and tried to defend, that online ordering carried extra costs so they couldnt honor the sales price. ordering from a human did get you the sales price.
so i called their complaint number again but the same guy called me back..
he claimed we have 800 franchise locations so we are cooporate.....
the crportate complaint number was useless...........
so we never buy papa johns........

Why would anyone order a pizza online? Seems to me it would be a lot faster to just call them....
I dont understand people who order common stuff online, like groceries. By the time you fill out all the forms and stuff you could have called them 10 times.
Why order a Sears appliance online? THere is a Sears store almost everywhere. Besides I like to SEE what I'm buying, not just a picture.
About the only stuff I order online are parts for things, like cars, electronics, etc. That's just because I cant buy that stuff locally. And more often than not, I end up paying more for the shipping than the item. Just recently I found a car part I needed for $9. The shipping was $10. I bought the part at a local auto parts store for $20. I would have saved $1 online, then had to wait close to a week to get it. Not worth the hassle!
On 5/15/2016 6:28 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

If you know exactly what you want, phone call is easy. OTOH, going on line can help you decide what to get. You see the full list of toppings and may decide to get olives this time. If you are already in the system it is fast to order too.

I agree. And you can listen to the radio while you do it, or talk to SWHTET, which is hard to do while on the phone.
But it should cost the pizzeria less, not more, for someone to order online, once they have online set up. The important thing is what the advertising said. Weren't there prices on the webpage. If they don't clearly refer only to ordering in person, that should be the webl price.
Once I needed a computer cable from Staples. $6 online and instock. I didnt' want to give them my CC number if I was going to pay in cash, so I went over there. $24 at the store. I found a manager and asked what to do. He said just tell the cashier to give you the online price. I thought she would have that in her computer, but she also took my word what the price was!!!
On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 10:00:14 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Depending on the time of day, e.g. Friday/Saturday evening, you may be put on hold for longer than it takes to order on-line. BTHT (Been There, Hated That).
On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 7:29:15 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

But the reverse is also true. Online they typically have all the products they sell, while the local store has only some on the floor. If you go to the store, you only see what they have there and you don't even know what all the other options are. I would usually want to see the product, but I start my searches online, which saves a lot of useless driving around. Sometimes they have lower prices or special deals that apply online only too.

Shipping can be a factor. But most of these offer free shipping once you get to $50 or $75 or so, so if you can order some extra stuff, that you will need soon, that can work. Many periodically have free shipping too. And places like Advanced Auto have deals for 20% off going all the time too. Plus AA, Autozone, you can buy it online, have it shipped to the store and then shipping is free. Almost all the parts I order I do online now, including Ebay. But I agree that if the difference is small, you need it right away, the local store can be the best option.
On 5/15/2016 4:07 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Sears will automatically add the hoses, but you can then delete them in the shopping cart.
sears is in their death spiral......
put out of business by the guy who has controlling intererest. eddie hardelstein..
he has put zero bucks into sears and k mart.........
milking all the money he can out of the dying business......
its sad to watch sears dying slowly

Sears sold houses years ago:
http://www.searsarchives.com/homes/index.htm
It isn't just Sears facing money problems from what I've read here and there. Tnis internet thing seems to be catching on. I guess J.C. Penny and The Gap are facing similar problems.

On 5/15/2016 11:27 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Amazon and a few others are killing them. Funny thing is, Sears and Penny had the catalog already, just had to convert it to a web based database and accept orders. They lacked vision.
I checked my order history with Amazon. In 2000 I placed 1, in 2003 I placed 2, big year was 2010 I placed 4, then it increased. In the past six months I've placed 35 orders. As I type this I'm listening to music on the Fire box with Prime.

The question you must ask yerself is, did I really need all those things.
I usta have Prime. Amazon is true to its hype. Two days to yer doorstep, no matter the quantity or the price. OTOH, I found myself ordering stuff jes to take advantage of the free shipping. Didn't need their movies, as I already had Netflix. But, I ordered a buncha stuff. Now that I do NOT have Prime, I'm back down to ordering 3-4 things per yr. Yes, I was jes spending $$$$ like I had it. 8|
nb
On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 9:10:56 AM UTC-7, notbob wrote:

if Sears is doing the installation, maybe they will use your hoses, and give you credit...?
marc
On 5/15/2016 12:10 PM, notbob wrote:

My wife's medical supplies? Yes. One item is 25% cheaper and I get it in two clicks, not a 15 mile drive to the only store that has it.
Screen protector for cell phone? Half the price than the ATT store.
A few were gifts. A couple I did not think were needed, but my wife wanted them so she got them. Good enough reason for me.

If we did not have Prime some of the orders would have been combined to get free shipping. Like an ink cartridge that could have waited a week or so. It was a buck cheaper than Staples so I clicked and had it in two days.

Yesterday, I admit it, I was at walmart** and they had cans of cold soda in a vending machine for 50 cents, and I thought of buying it just because it was cheap. But i wasn't thirsty and I prefer water, so I controlled myself.
** because they were a dollar cheaper than pepboys for starting fluid (that was last fall. They'd gone up 50 cents)

On 5/17/2016 1:34 PM, Micky wrote:

I noticed in the back of the fridge I still have the full, unopened, like new, can of cream soda I got at the 50 cent pop machine at walmart last summer. I thought I was getting root beer, cream soda ya either love it or hate it.
On 5/18/2016 12:04 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:

No. *MOXIE* is "love or hate"!
On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 3:04:52 PM UTC-4, My 2 Cents wrote:

The kids bought me a six-pack of Cream Soda for my birthday. It's always been one of my favorites, although I don't drink much soda these days.
Birch Beer, specifically White Birch Beer, was a favorite while growing up, especially at Boy Scout Camp.
I'm craving a Birch Beer Float.
On 5/18/2016 3:04 PM, My 2 Cents wrote:

It's vanilla, I love it.