Pump Source?

My fun project this summer is to build a windmill to run a filtration system for the pond on my farm. I need a pump which runs off a pulley but all I can find on the Web are pumps with electric motors built in. Does anyone know a place to get just a pump, no motor?
Thanks,
Paul
Water pump from a car, there are many other pumps you can buy here
this one is all brass!
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/productdetail.jsp?xi=xi&ItemId11741560&ccitem Make sure you copy paste the = not sure if clicking the link will work! also
http://www.acepumps.com/products/belt.html
Just do a search on pulley pumps!
Wayne

system
can
<< all I can find on the Web are pumps with electric motors built in. >>
Why waste any more time on the web? Go to any farm supply store and you will probably find something that will work. Next check your yellow pages for companies that sell things that well drillers use. Contractor supply outfits also sell a variety of pumps, as do places like Norhern Tools. Good luck.
Joe
Pavel314 writes:

Dunno how big this pond is, but given the horsepower needed to filter just a little swimming pool, a windmill isn't going to make a dent.
On 5/13/04 6:55 AM, in article W4Sdna9m89Wl snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com,

Would it be practical to have the windmill raise the water to some sort of tank and then let the water run through the filter by gravity feed? You might have trouble keeping the pump primed unless it is mounted underwater.
Dean

sort
I was discussing this with one of my friends at work today and we came to the same conclusion. Some sort of water wheel to lift the water to a raceway which flows into the filter bed.
pli
On 5/13/04 8:42 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com,

I don't know if this would help. There are windmill style aerators for sewage ponds. A couple of the small towns around here have them on their sewage lagoons. The windmills sit on some sort of float. They're anchored to shore to keep them centered in the lagoon.
Dean