Pump Query

I have a small (about 30 ft across), low lying area on the landscaped portion of my property that serves to collect meltwater runoff from about 1 - 1.5 ac. Over the past few years, at maximum melt, the depth of this depression approached about 3 ft with the potential if not drained to stay that way for two or three weeks.
I'm lookin for a replacement for the small submersible pump that I had been using (a small 1/3 HP utility pump). The pump would be used to pump water from this outdoor area, potential for small debris (leaves, etc . . . although any reasonable screen would work there) but also would need some sort of float system to kick in to pump to relatively low water levels (hopefully something on the order of a couple inches max).
Again, ideally, a pump that could serve double duty for both this area and also when needed on a large area of concrete flooring that periodically gets a maximum of only a few inches of water. So I'd like something that could get down to less than 1/2 inch or so.
Anything exist with this type of spec or ability? A local supplier directed me to a Tsurumi pump (Model LSR2.45-60 . . . . . most of the specs there, but certainly pricey at about $700 Cdn. I'd like to have some budget to accomodate pipe/hose needs to pump away to about 200 ft distance.
If this isn't available, I had thought to just bite the bullet and either get the Tsurumi with float or get a used 1 or 2 inch water pump and pump away quickly as needed. But I do like the idea of a float and 24 hr demand. And the ability of pumping down to relatively low levels is an additional plus.
Appreciate any opinions. thanks

Monroe

Did you ever consider installing a drain pipe? Committees of Correspondence Web page:- tinyurl.com/y7th2c

Sounds like your home has drainage issues, how about regrading, run downspouts etc well away from home.
This is way better than pumping water and can be a permanent solution requiring no maintence.
Hard work and disruptive but fixes it forever, espically at home resale ime when you will HAVE to disclose it, and scare away buyers or HAVE to fix it then, or worse sell for a low price:(
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:46:45 -0700, Monroe