Pumice Stone: Allternative?

A few days ago I used pumice to remove paint from tiles on an outdoor front porch. It worked EXTREMELY well, but it took two pumice stone purchases to do it - not a major expense, but enough to make me wonder if there's something that works as well as pumice to remove paint from cement/tile surfaces but costs less and lasts longer?

Thanks.

Reply to
FE

I don't know what size or cost the pumice stones were, but restaurant supply places should have grill cleaning stones which are essentially oversized bricks (~4"x3"x8") of pumice and might be more cost effective. Expecially if you intend to make a habit of regularly cleaning the tiles. Pumice is foamed volcanic glass and may damage the glaze on tiles if used repeatedly.

Regards,

John

Reply to
JTM

What kind of tile? Paint splatters or full coat? How much area? On a smoothe tile, a razor blade scraper would work nicely.

Reply to
RamblinOn