Pullout spray head faucet DIY repair?

I have a kitchen sink faucet where the metal sheath on the pullout spray head tubing has come loose at the spray head end. It's a Kohler single lever faucet, white plastic, model number unknown; the spray head itself appears to be part number 75167.

There seems to be a ferrule of some sort inside the screw-on fitting at the end of the tube, but I can't tell if it was crimped onto the sheath, or perhaps welded. Anyway, before I operate, would anyone know if these things are DIY repairable, or do I have to find a whole new tubing assembly?

Reply to
Martin

You can replace the whole thing, head, supply line, everything for less than $10. Why torture yourself?

Reply to
Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

I think you're talking about the kind that is separately mounted. I've put that kind in before. The one I'm concerned with now pulls out from the faucet itself and has to fit and match. If you or anyone knows where I can get that kind for under $50, I'd be very happy to hear about it ;-)..

Reply to
Marty3

The torture is getting up behind the sink to screw in the new hose. I would simply replace the spray head if the hose is OK.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

So would I. My point was that *everything* could be replaced cheaply, so there's no point in fretting over it.

Reply to
Raymond J. Johnson Jr.

On 12/30/2004 9:31 AM US(ET), Martin took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

They call it a 'restrictor'

Reply to
willshak

fingers to keys, and typed the

sheath on the pullout spray

end. It's a Kohler single

unknown; the spray head itself

inside the screw-on fitting at the

crimped onto the sheath, or

would anyone know if these things

whole new tubing assembly?

YES!!! I have the same model and problem! The hose itself is universal and can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Now, does anyone know any tricks to disconect the old hose from the water supply? If I didn't know better, I'd swear the thing is welded on!!

Reply to
debbiv