pullout kitchen faucet with filter?

I have a 2 yr old Moen 87810 that does exactly what I want out of a faucet; it pulls out, filters on demand, and has a 'shower' setting for rinsing veggies.

Unfortunately it wobbles in the holder and the little rubber cover for the button you push to filter has worn out. [and the filters seem a bit on the expensive side- $30 for a little under a yr.]

Moen sells a $54 replacement part for the holder-[instead of just the plastic ring that is worn out & would probably cost a few dollars] but discontinued the faucett and doesn't have a replacement rubber cover. [it would probably be less than a dollar] So my $250, 2 yr old faucet is junk.

That eliminates Moen for me. Does someone know of another faucet offhand that does what I want?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Others have posted about problems with pull out faucets of other brands. Have you pressed Moen for warranty repair? I thought they had lifetime on at least some parts.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

-snip-

Lifetime on everything but the pullout faucet according to the lady at Moen I spoke with. She *was* willing to replace it with a non-filtered faucet, but I've gotten used to this. [and it sounded like I'd have to buy the non-filtered replacement.]

They *were* willing to replace the $54 part of the base- but I'd still be left with that ugly wornout piece of rubber on the front of my filtered faucet.

At this point I'm thinking about a single use filter faucet- and a seperate pullout faucet with a sprayer. Probably about what I spent on the Moen a couple years ago-- but a little more flexible if one part dies.

At least I've got time to shop as it is still usable. . . just ugly and a bad advertisement for Moen.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Not sure but it's my recollection Moen has a lifetime warranty. If that's a fact then a two year old faucet should be covered. Did you get hold of Moen directly? If so I would press the fact of that warranty and have them honor it.

Rich

Reply to
evodawg

I used to have one of those faucets, it's crap. Get rid of it. Moen discontinued it for a reason. I had to replace that same connector twice, both times free from Moen. But the last time was about a year ago. I just yanked the damn thing and replaced it with another filter-less pull out faucet and haven't looked back.

Reply to
wkearney99