Pulling well pump

You probably need a piece of 1" threaded pipe, preferably with a "T" handle, to thread into the pitless adapter at the top of the well pipe. Disconnect the well pump wires under the well cap. There is probably a poly line attached to the pump so you don't loose it if a fitting breaks. Once you jerk the pitless adapter out of it's fitting, you should be able to lift the whole mess out by pulling on the poly well pipe. Have another person walk the pipe, wire out while you keep pulling, until its all out. My well is 160 feet deep, with poly pipe and I pull it by hand by myself, with the kids or wife walking the pipe down the lawn as I go. It's a little tough at first, but the weight decreases rapidly, so 60 feet should be a breeze. Look for bare spots along the wire if there are no, or too few rubber disk protectors, don't know what they're called.

This is exactly how I pulled my 50' deep well pump.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

1. Exceedingly unlikely that you will be able to DIY.
2. Since you will hire it done, have your checkbook ready. Two months ago we had to pull ours and replace 60' of drop pipe. Cost: $730. The price of 1 1/2" galvanized pipe is ridiculous, close to $3.00/ft
--

dadiOH

Why?

we

e of 1

That's one reason they've been using poly for a long time, . like gfretw has.

Why?

we

e of 1

Checkbook? One very good reason to DIY and it is commonly done by people who have never done it, or even seen it done. It is not rocket science.
Harry K