pulled up the carpet... now what?

I have a small efficiency that I'm going "industrial chic" with. I pulled up the carpet. thankfully there's not much glue at all (in the bathroom only) but there are assorted paint splatters and who knows what else (drywall texture splatters, paint, etc) all over the place. I'm not looking to turn this into anything "nice," but would rather try to get an even tone to the floor. there are dimples from some of the tack-board removal, but that's fine too.
so what, short of renting some huge buffer, is there that I can do to get the majority of the stains out or at least blended in somewhat? I figure I'll start by scraping the entire surface...
I'm also removing all tile (1/2 bathroom, enclosed "patio," and entry-way.... hammer and chisel style. and contemplating pulling up the linoleum in the kitchen.
all tips and advice accepted.
thanks.
jrm

Paint the floor with a roller. Don't sweat the cracks and joins that you miss, and don't bother with a second coat.
-> -> -> > I have a small efficiency that I'm going "industrial chic" with. I -> > pulled up the carpet. thankfully there's not much glue at all (in the -> > bathroom only) but there are assorted paint splatters and who knows -> > what else (drywall texture splatters, paint, etc) all over the place. -> > I'm not looking to turn this into anything "nice," but would rather -> > try to get an even tone to the floor. there are dimples from some of -> > the tack-board removal, but that's fine too. -> > -> > so what, short of renting some huge buffer, is there that I can do to -> > get -> > the majority of the stains out or at least blended in somewhat? I -> > figure I'll start by scraping the entire surface... -> -> Paint the floor with a roller. Don't sweat the cracks and joins that you -> miss, and don't bother with a second coat.
Painting the floor is a good idea, but there's a little more to it than just painting. Use floor paint. Paint as many coats as you need. Cover with about three coats of water-based polyurathane (sp?). Follow the instructions on the can.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

Since the OP was looking for "industrial chic", I was suggesting a less than perfect painting job.

pulled
looking
tone
You should fill in the little dimples left by the tack boards. There's stuff you can buy in a tub at Home Depot, where you just take a dollop of it out and fill in the crack - then smooth it over.

Now, what's amazing here is all the advice given when the OP doesn't even say what the floor under the carpet is made of. It could be anything from plywood to oak flooring.

bathroom
but
get
figure
the
of it

ah yes. I somehow neglected to mention that the floor underneath is concrete slab. I'm on the ground floor. sorry....
jrm