Pull out kitchen faucet ?

I have had 3 and will have nothing else. (sold the other houses)

Mine had a button that changed the spray pattern.

When you turn on the water they spray. The plumbing is pretty simple except there is a flexible hose that will allow you to pull out the head 2-3 feet. I find them great for cleaning the sink and those big pots that I use.

Reply to
SQLit

The pull-out kitchen faucets are awesome..... you can use it to fill large pots, fill the coffee maker, etc. A single button on the nozzle selects the spray type. My personal favorite is a Grohe:

This unit only requires a single sink hole. Very well made.

Melissa wrote:

Reply to
no1herenow

I have the Moen Extensa and am generally happy with it. It has a pad button that chooses between spray or normal stream. It's the only type I would have now. Much more convenient and no pesky diverter valve. Those never worked right in any of the sinks I had. The only complaint I have with the Extensa is that over about 5 years or so, the color of the white plastic head has changed into more of an ivory, while the base/neck has not. Obviously some problem with different plastic or injection molding. I even went to HD to take a look at the ones there. Sure enough, the one on the display rack had the same color change.

Reply to
trader4

" They're a great alternative to people wasting

Personally, I wouldn't want a soap dispenser. When I'm using soap out of a squeeze bottle, I can apply it where I want on items I'm washing. The soap dispenser is ok to wash your hands, but IMO, not practical for much else. But an instant hot water dispenser might go in the hole. Now that is something useful!

Reply to
trader4

I've had Moen units. The ones with the in-handle filter are crap. The plastic connection for the hose is poorly designed and breaks far too easily. The fact that they'll send out free replacements tells you something.

I replaced one with a reasonably inexpensive American Standard unit. The "handle feel" isn't as nice. I have another Grohe unit ($$$) and it's VERY nice.

Most operate the spray as a switch. Click it and it'll stay. Some remain switched until switched back manually while others will automatically switch back to regular flow when it's shut off. Depends on the brand, iirc the moen switched back automagically.

And if you're replacing an existing hose then use the hole left over for a soap dispenser. They're a great alternative to people wasting dish soap or clutter from a soap dish or yet another dispenser. They can be a little tedious to refill but they're worth it.

Reply to
wkearney99

Do you have one of the pull out kitchen faucet? You know the ones that have the hand spray unit built into the faucet and it acts as both.

Do you like it? Do you not like it? Why?

I have seen them but never seen one working. I take it that left in place it functions as a traditional faucet. They seem to have a built in valve so it can be turned on or off when being held and used as a spray unit. Do the buttons turn it spray off when depressed or does the water shut off when you remove and and you press the button to turn it on or is there some other arrangement?

Thanks

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I was happy with mine and will replace with the same type/different color once my kitchen is rebuilt. It works as a normal faucet when the sprayer is in the holder, or out. Mine had a button at the top that can switch from the regular to wider spray. The only problem we had was with water getting down into the faucet holder part if I dropped the spray part into the sink. That would just as easily happen with the seperate sprayer. With mine, the water stayed flowing until you manually turned it off. I have seen the others that shut off when you pull out the sprayer until you turn it on. That would be great if you needed water away from the sink, but your distance is limited by the length of the spray line, so it wasn't a feature that I was interested in. You also need to think about where the supply line for the faucet will hang in your cabinet. That is one reason we picked this style. The really old sink had a regular seperate sprayer, and the hose for that would catch on the cold water supply shut off every single time you tried to use it. Look in your cabinet to see if there is something the hose could catch on first, it will loop down directly under the center of the faucet with this type.

Melissa

Reply to
Melissa

"I'm fine with having a way to help keep the hands clean without wasting the wrong sort of (more expensive) soap."

Don;t know where you buy your soap, but I don't see much diff between the price of liquid hand soap and dishwashing soap. Plus, I don't use the kitchen sink much for washing hands, unless its part of washing something else too.

Reply to
trader4

As I indicated, this is about NOT using dish soap for hand washing. I wouldn't use this sort of dispenser for dish soap. Especially since mine's located adjacent to the smaller disposal sink and not the larger dish sink. We like to keep the clutter around the sink down

Eh, I have no need for an instant water heater but some people like them. I'm fine with having a way to help keep the hands clean without wasting the wrong sort of (more expensive) soap. If there was another hole in the stainless sink deck I'd be more inclined to put in a filtered cold water spigot instead. But the fridge water dispenser is filtered. Sure, it'd be nice to add a filter for the cooking water but our local water is fine enough without it. And please, let's not branch off into endless threads about water filtering...

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99

That was part of my plan.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I would not use the hot water that often, although I am sure some people would. When I do need a small amount of hot water, I have a microwave.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan