pull-down/fold-up or telescoping attic stairs?

One option is to replace my broken pull-down wooden attic stairs, rather than replace a broken lift mechanism with a sheared pivot pin. Anyone install and use a telescoping ladder as opposed to a fold-up attic ladder?

Reply to
Phisherman

I've not used any telescopic versions. When I replaced my broken wooden fold up stairs I replaced them with the Werner branded metal fold up stairs.

Reply to
Pete C.

Would it matter what you used it for? I wonder if, for example, carrying things is easier with one kind or another.

Just something to think about - your actual usage of the ladder.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I second Pete C. The metal Werner steps are a whole lot better than those rickety ass wooden things.

Reply to
gfretwell