Puddle in front of fridge (not from the dog)

My GE Side-by-Side fridge drops a puddle of water every few days, sometime during the night. It's about 3 years old and this behavior started a few months ago. It seems to be getting worse now - more frequent and more water. I suspect it has something to do with the door ice and water dispenser, but I can't really tell. Any suggestions?

It could be a blocked drain tube for the defrost cycle.
I had a fridge where the feezer end of the tube would get blocked with ice and the defrost water wouldn't drain.
Well, it would drain, just not down into the pan where it could evaporate. It would leak down the back of the fridge and puddle out in front.

It could be a blocked drain tube for the defrost cycle.
I had a fridge where the feezer end of the tube would get blocked with ice and the defrost water wouldn't drain.
Well, it would drain, just not down into the pan where it could evaporate. It would leak down the back of the fridge and puddle out in front.
I have the same problem. I think the drain freezes up. Sears repair guy uses a squeeze bottle with hot tap water to melt the ice. I pay him and it freezes up again...and again. Did you find a longer fix? If so, please share it with me. Thanks, Dick

re: "Did you find a longer fix? If so, please share it with me. "
Sure...I bought a new fridge.

re: "Did you find a longer fix? If so, please share it with me. "
Sure...I bought a new fridge.
Gee, thanks. But not the kind of answer I was hoping for. Can't afford a new fridge...just looking for a way to keep the drain hole open. Dick

Kick the dog anyway.
od

No no no:
"Control your anger like a monkey in a pinyata. Hiding behind the candy, hoping that the children will not break through with the stick!"
od
Oh, I've only got the beta version. You must have the paid version?
Your armpits are so salty that even Mr. Whipple would not clean them with Charmin.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You need to locate the source as you already know. Remove the front kickplate. Get on your belly with a flashlight. If there's a puddle and you can't really tell where it's coming from then dry the floor totally. Periodically check a couple/few times a day to see if a wet spot is showing up. Remember, where it's dropping to the floor may be different than the source since the water may be following some part of the frig frame or other part.

Is the door closing/sealing good. This happened with mine when my daughter got old enough to open the fridge. She often wouldnt close the door all the way . I tlted the unit slightly where th door would close on its own, no more problem. Well a little problem, my wife didnt like having the door trying to close on her.
Jimmie
paulaner wrote:

We had a similar problem with our much older GE...wish I could remember what part(s) were replaced....defrost timer? defrost t-stat? When the repairman took out the back panel from the freezer, it was loaded with frost.
paulaner wrote:

Keep an eye on your wife.