Puck Board

I've built a shower enclosure using puck board but find that silicon sealant will not adhear to it. Any suggestions please on this problem please. Tx.

Reply to
Jesse

It's also available in a 10oz cartridge (for a caulking gun).

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

Call manufacturer's customer service for help. They may have a proprietary adhesive that will work just great. However, having used the silicone sealant you will continue to have severe adhesion problems every place you used it. The general rule is, silicones stick well to other silicones, but nothing else ever does.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I believe you cant use caulks that contain more than about 20% silicone with poly boards.

Reply to
beecrofter

Thanks for the opinions, I'll use a sample piece and try different sealants to experiment. With other than silicon I'd be afraid of mildew growth. Jesse

Reply to
Jesse