PT Wood Beam - Slice in 2

Can a 6" x 6" Pressure Treated Landscape Timber (treated for ground contact) be cut lengthwise into two 3" x 6" parts and remain treated?
Does PT really permeate the wood beam all the way?

ground
treated? No
Not nearly. It'll be obvious after you cut it.
Bob

Somewhat, but not perfectly by any stretch. The inside of the 6x6 will be _much_ whiter. Still reasonably rot resistent - especially the ground contact grade.
Some notes:
- a "6x6" is actually a 5.5x5.5, so slicing in half yields something like a 2 5/8 x 5.5 (allowing for saw kerf)
- ripping 5.5" lumber isn't that easy a thing to do unless you have a reasonably decent bandsaw, roller supports, and likely wedges (to hold the kerf open). It'd need a 14" or even 16" circular saw. Doing two passes with a 10" circular saw is generally unsatisfactory on construction lumber (you will have great difficulty getting the cuts to line up).
- a ripsawn fresh PT landscape timber like this will probably twist or warp very badly.
You'd be better off looking around for some "mini-ties", which I believe are nominally 3x5s (2.6 x 4.5?)
If I _had_ to make up an odd size PT timber thicker than 1.5", I'd laminate smaller boards, not rip a larger one.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est