Protecting wood floors during move

I am moving thing in and out of my house. On home improvement shows, I have seen brown paper rolled out to protect the floor from damage.

Does this stuff have a name? Any ideas where I would track this down?

C_kubie (in IL)

Reply to
c_kubie

I have used the paper before and it works wonders as long as it does not rip. Keep a tape machine close by.

Sorry I do not know the name. The stuff comes in rolls and I have seen it at the box stores.

Reply to
SQLit

How about buying some of those canvas drop cloths, the kind you use for painting? It'll be endlessly useful afterward. I can't imagine paper being very good at protecting the floors.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

It's known as rosin paper. You'll find it in the tile/flooring section at the borg.

Reply to
3rd eye

Try here:

Robert Allison

Home Depot sells rolls of the stuff in the paint department.

charles

Reply to
Charles Bishop