Protecting shingle overhang?

I meant one on the base holding the ladder but still not really wanting to climb 2 stories nowadays. I have back problems and lack the balance I had when I was younger.

Reply to
Doug

Sure, but my (intentional mis)reading was funnier.

My problem is my feet and knees. Working on a ladder, particularly an extension ladder, for any time is a bitch.

Reply to
krw

Dave,

Before I installed gutters on our house, I would screw a 2x4 to the fascia board. This let me lean the ladder against the roof edge without damaging the shingles or the metal drip edge.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband