Protecting Heat Tape Insulation under Trailer house

I have an exposed pipe outside that goes into a trailer house. The trailer sits about 5 feet off the ground, and is not skirted. (Didn't get the skirting on before the ground froze).
I wrapped the pipe with a heat tape, then wrapped fiberglass insulation (made for heat tape), and taped some electrical tape to hold it on. It's working fine, so far, but we have not yet had below zero temps. My concern is to keep that insulation from getting wet from blowing snow.
I did put about 6 feet of skirting right where this pipe sits, to prevent rain and snow from getting in there since the pipe is near the outside edge of the trailer on that wall. But with strong wind and fluffy snow, snow could still get on that insulation.
I'm looking for something that can be used to cover the insulation and is simple to remove in case I need to access it. I was hoping to find some foam pipe wrap that has a split down the side, to put over it, but it appears the stores only sell 1/2" 3/4" and 1". This pipe, with the heat tape and the insulation on it, is close to 2.5" or 3". * I just wish they sold that foam pipe wrap in large sizes. *
What else can I use?
I have considered using a 3" or 4" metal duct pipe (like aluminum dryer vent pipe, and not snapping the seam together), or building a wooden box around the whole thing, but that would be hard to remove if needed, (and it's been too cold to easily build something like that now). Plus there is a steep beam in the way (under trailer) so it would be hard to fit a box in place.
I've also thought of hanging a blue tarp around the whole thing, but I know they dont hold up well in strong winds, and it could only be hung from the bottom of the trailer with a few staples, so that dont seem practical.
Anyone have any other ideas?????
Thanks!
On Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:55:39 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

If 2 3/8" inside diameter works, I have Imcolock. It's similar to the black foam type stuff at HD, etc, 1/2" thick, split, with self-stick adhesive, 6ft lengths. I needed it here and had to buy more than I needed due to the large lot size.
http://www.nomacoinsulation.com/imcolock.php
http://www.nomacoinsulation.com/pdf/product%20information/imcoa/NI-0012-PS-0712%20Imcolock.pdf
If it works and you're interested, let me know.
snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Wrap the whole works in saran wrap type plastic wrap. Start at the bottom so the laps shed water outside instead of inside .
--
Snag

On 12/18/2014 3:54 AM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

of those are fairly flexible. You can open them up flat, and run them spiral, like the stripes on barber pole. That, and some duct tape and you're good till spring. Razor knife, if you need to get back in.

I would try some of this over the fiberglass insulated pipe
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Pratt-Retail-Specialties-1-in-x-6-ft-Polyethylene-Pipe-Insulation-420504/205034318
I use it in a barn to insulate a piece of heated garden hose leading to a horse water trough. Never had a soak through problem.
Terry Coombs wrote:

Oh , and ANYTHING that will block the wind will make a big difference in indoor temps and heating bills . Even sheet plastic stapled on and weighted at the bottom with rocks/boards/whatever is going to make a huge difference . BTDT with our camper - which now has 1" foam insulation as skirting .
--
Snag