I am interested in purchasing a flat in Scotland but have noticed a
strong burning smell in the lounge area. A scheme 1 survey indicated that
this 'might' be due to wiring. This being my first buy, I am not sure of
the process of getting quotes from electricians to test this out. How
much might the call out fee cost? And how am I supposed to get the best
quote without having to pay several call out fees to get more than one
If the wiring were to be at fault, roughly how much am I looking at
paying to get it fixed? It is a one bedroom flat with a large
Why are you even thinking about purchasing a flat with an apparent wiring
problem serious enough to cause a burning odor? How much is your life worth?
*You* are not looking at paying *anything* to get it fixed -- that's the
*seller's* responsibility, prior to the sale. Don't even consider buying until
the problem is corrected. Make that a condition of the sales contract.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.