Proposal for a museum

I think we need to have a web museum for all the funky electrical fixtures that have been developed and sold over the last century or so. My own house could fill volumes with its collection of back stab style outlets, switches, and fixtures. The last one that I removed, a back stab single pole light switch needed to be completely disassembled before the wires could be removed and the act of disassembling it would render it broken - better hope you get the first install right because you'll need to buy a second one otherwise. Dissasembly was done with a pair of needlenose pliers - no screwdriver required.

Reply to
Eigenvector

Why just electrical?

Ever tried to salvage door casing; when some guy shot, twenty nails more than needed?

-- Oren

Oren

I have had some of those switches (backstab only, one time use), but seem to have thrown all those out.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Don't talk too loudly. I get good money tracing wiring malfunctions to cheap back stabs.

Dave Scudamore Aroundtoit Handyman

Reply to
DavesTeam