proper time to wait to stain a new pressure treated deck?

I would like to know the proper time to wait for the wood to dry in order to stain a new pressure treated deck.Thanks for any information...
from one year to forever. try to like the wood's natural color. the staining, if you insist on it, will be a recurring annoyance every two years in the buffalo ny climate. your deck only looks great now or just after it's very first staining. your answer also varies by your climate.
MaryJoL wrote:

I agree. Unfortunately I bought a home that had a previously stained deck. What a pain. I am in the NorthEast (not as cold as you) and I need to do it every year, if I wait two..it looks horrible. In fact it is so bad that I am going to try PAINT instead of stain this weekend.

I have heard 6 months, but if you live in Arizona I suspect that time would be much shorter. If after 6 months your deck is dirty, you'll need to clean it then allow a week for it to completely dry.
Buy a moisture meter, wait for 15% or what is recomended.