proper time to wait to stain a new pressure treated deck?

I would like to know the proper time to wait for the wood to dry in order to stain a new pressure treated deck.Thanks for any information...

Reply to
MaryJoL

buffalobill

I agree. Unfortunately I bought a home that had a previously stained deck. What a pain. I am in the NorthEast (not as cold as you) and I need to do it every year, if I wait two..it looks horrible. In fact it is so bad that I am going to try PAINT instead of stain this weekend.

Reply to
jtees4

I have heard 6 months, but if you live in Arizona I suspect that time would be much shorter. If after 6 months your deck is dirty, you'll need to clean it then allow a week for it to completely dry.

Reply to
Phisherman

Buy a moisture meter, wait for 15% or what is recomended.

Reply to
m Ransley