proper procedure for winterizing a washing machine

I've gotten a Kenmore Ultra Fabric care series 80 in a 3-season cabin. There will be no heat in the winter. I've winterized the house before, but what is the proper procedure for winterizing a washing machine to insure the pump doesn't get zorched. Thanks.
I have heard non is necessary as they are tested at the factory and shipped with water left in . They are shipped in below freezing temps. I would call the manufacturer