Propane valve question

Will the connector from a home propane grill line hook up to and work on a propane fuel tank for a forklift? Or do I need to get an adapter if there is such a thing.
Steve
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:48:47 -0700, Steve B wrote:

I wouldn't count on it working unless you took a grill tank and stood it side by side with the lift tank. Something tells me they are different. Maybe different because they are designed to work in different positions if nothing more.

Particularly bad idea, propane tanks intended for engines dispense liquid, those designed for barbecues dispense gas. It is in the internal plumbing of the tank, and they don't interchange.

Particularly bad idea, propane tanks intended for engines dispense liquid, those designed for barbecues dispense gas. It is in the internal plumbing of the tank, and they don't interchange.
reply: I do see a vapor and liquid stamp on two different fittings on top. I tried to hook it up to the bbq, but the inlet does not have a deep enough pin to trigger the seal on the tank. I got 5 of these for $20 at a yard sale thinking that I could use them for barbecuing and beer making, or sell them for a profit. Looks like I'll be selling them for a profit. Four years old, and aluminum. I will take one over to my propane dealer, a friend of mine since childhood, and he'll tell me for sure.
Steve