Propane report

OK, I took a dead empty tank to the Ft Myers Campground today for a fill. They are the ones who crack the bleeder and fill until the liquid squirts out (those yankee campers won't trust anything else). Cost $18 empty weight 16-17 pounds full weight 35 net 18-19 pounds (within the accuracy of my scale)

gfretwell

Good for you! That's the way to do it.

Reply to
1D10T

Your scale may be off a little. With an accurate scale the tank should be 18 lb empty, and 35-38 lb "full" with 17 - 20 pounds of propane. The actual amount of propane is always somewhat less than 20.

tnom

I am confused. How can this be? So many others here have stated that fills range from 9-15#, and that exchanges vary from that. Everybody can't be right. I'll bet that company is using you after seeing your posts, and is trying to deceive the public into thinking that there are rational reasonable retailers out there. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.

Steve ;-)

Reply to
SteveB

aka "Snow Birds" and they drive slow

Reply to
Oren

And Damned Yankees are Yankees that came to visit and stayed. Like Me.

Reply to
1D10T

Sorry, there is no cure! Same problems with Scalawags and Carpetbaggers.

Reply to
Oren

An unlocked beer fridge on the deck does wonders.

Reply to
1D10T

A Yankee is like a hemorrhoid. If it comes down and then goes back up it is ok If it comes down and stays down then it is a problem.

Charlie ( a displaced Yankee--- now a semi-native)

Reply to
Charlie

Since I've lived in NW Florida 30 years, does that make me a semi-native?

Reply to
1D10T

No, I think it makes you a semi-roid.

Sorry - couldn't resist.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

No, I think it makes you a semi-roid.

Sorry - couldn't resist.

LOL I assume that's better than a full-roid.

Reply to
1D10T

snip

Good story Bub. In my time here ( which in the rural panhandle isn't ANYthing like the image people conjure when hearing the word Florida) I've met some of the nicest people you could imagine. Never a problem in that regard, but the stereotypical "Redneck" lives on. (Hey y'all, watch this) I say "Redneck" with much respect; they're good folks too. I don't know where you live, but have any of your neighbors ever mowed your lawn without being asked, or repaired storm damage while you were away on vacation? I've lived in five states, including LA and the NY metro area, and wouldn't ever think of leaving here.

Reply to
1D10T

How long has this travesty been foisted upon the unsuspecting consumer? I have a 20lb propane tank. It should have 20lbs of propane in it!

Reply to
mkirsch1

Yep. I live in Texas - which probably has more in common with Florida than, say, Macedonia. Still, Florida IS different.

Florida is the only state with its own tag on fark.com.

Reply to
HeyBub

If, for some reason, I HAD to leave here, there are only two alternates: The Texas Hill Country, probably near Fredericksburg, and the Mogollon Rim area of Arizona, near Flagstaff. Unlike TX and FL, Arizona does have a state income tax, but it doesn't kick in until you've earned $150k, which I'll never approach, being retired. I've visited both areas at least 7 or 8 times. I can make Fredericksburg in a non-stop 18 hours, and will do so in July. I'll be sitting in the Luckenbach general store drinking Pearl beer and listening to Waylon, Willie and Jeff.

Reply to
1D10T

where did you hear that funfact?

The income tax kicks in well below that. Anybody doing better than the poverty level is going to be paying some state income tax.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Here:

Under "Arizona's Individual Income Tax System"

Reply to
1D10T

In news:lJUTl.3912$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net,

1D10T spewed forth:

here's aplace ya might enjoy around bastrop

enjoyed it everytime I've stayed

Reply to
ChairMan

I'll look into it. I can't imagine NOT liking anything in Hill Country.

Reply to
1D10T