Propane report

Page 1 of 2
OK, I took a dead empty tank to the Ft Myers Campground today for a fill. They are the ones who crack the bleeder and fill until the liquid squirts out (those yankee campers won't trust anything else). Cost $18 empty weight 16-17 pounds full weight 35 net 18-19 pounds (within the accuracy of my scale)
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/propane%20tank.jpg
Add pictures here
✖

Good for you! That's the way to do it.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 28 May 2009 15:13:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Your scale may be off a little. With an accurate scale the tank should be 18 lb empty, and 35-38 lb "full" with 17 - 20 pounds of propane. The actual amount of propane is always somewhat less than 20.
http://www.propane101.com/consumerpropanecylinders.htm
Add pictures here
✖
On May 28, 3:48 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

How long has this travesty been foisted upon the unsuspecting consumer? I have a 20lb propane tank. It should have 20lbs of propane in it!
Add pictures here
✖

I am confused. How can this be? So many others here have stated that fills range from 9-15#, and that exchanges vary from that. Everybody can't be right. I'll bet that company is using you after seeing your posts, and is trying to deceive the public into thinking that there are rational reasonable retailers out there. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.
Steve ;-)
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 28 May 2009 15:13:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

aka "Snow Birds" and they drive slow <G>
Add pictures here
✖

And Damned Yankees are Yankees that came to visit and stayed. Like Me.
Add pictures here
✖

Sorry, there is no cure! Same problems with Scalawags and Carpetbaggers.
Add pictures here
✖

An unlocked beer fridge on the deck does wonders.
Add pictures here
✖

A Yankee is like a hemorrhoid. If it comes down and then goes back up it is ok If it comes down and stays down then it is a problem.
Charlie ( a displaced Yankee--- now a semi-native)
Add pictures here
✖

Since I've lived in NW Florida 30 years, does that make me a semi-native?
Add pictures here
✖

No, I think it makes you a semi-roid.
Sorry - couldn't resist.
Add pictures here
✖
No, I think it makes you a semi-roid.
Sorry - couldn't resist.
LOL I assume that's better than a full-roid.
Add pictures here
✖

snip
Good story Bub. In my time here ( which in the rural panhandle isn't ANYthing like the image people conjure when hearing the word Florida) I've met some of the nicest people you could imagine. Never a problem in that regard, but the stereotypical "Redneck" lives on. (Hey y'all, watch this) I say "Redneck" with much respect; they're good folks too. I don't know where you live, but have any of your neighbors ever mowed your lawn without being asked, or repaired storm damage while you were away on vacation? I've lived in five states, including LA and the NY metro area, and wouldn't ever think of leaving here.
Add pictures here
✖
1D10T wrote:

Yep. I live in Texas - which probably has more in common with Florida than, say, Macedonia. Still, Florida IS different.
Florida is the only state with its own tag on fark.com.
Add pictures here
✖

If, for some reason, I HAD to leave here, there are only two alternates: The Texas Hill Country, probably near Fredericksburg, and the Mogollon Rim area of Arizona, near Flagstaff. Unlike TX and FL, Arizona does have a state income tax, but it doesn't kick in until you've earned $150k, which I'll never approach, being retired. I've visited both areas at least 7 or 8 times. I can make Fredericksburg in a non-stop 18 hours, and will do so in July. I'll be sitting in the Luckenbach general store drinking Pearl beer and listening to Waylon, Willie and Jeff.
Add pictures here
✖

where did you hear that funfact?
The income tax kicks in well below that. Anybody doing better than the poverty level is going to be paying some state income tax.

Add pictures here
✖
wrote:>>If, for some reason, I HAD to leave here, there are only two alternates:

Here: http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/topic/13.html
Under "Arizona's Individual Income Tax System"
Add pictures here
✖

Nowhere in that page does it say that arizona hasn't an income tax until you've earned 150K. What it does say is that the top bracket is at $150K.
"Arizona's personal income tax system consists of five brackets and a top rate of 4.54% kicking in at an income level of $150,000."
Add pictures here
✖

My bad - gotta re-read it.
Add pictures here