Propane OPD tank question

Page 2 of 2
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Not in active use, no, but I do have three tanks: one 20# tank for propane, one 20# tank that I use as a portable air (compressed) tank, and another 20# tank I use as a vacuum reservoir for sucking brake fluid when I bleed the lines.
The last two are out of date, of course.
Jon
That's part of my hidden agenda, for asking. My spare tank is the old style, and the fill place won't refill it. I'm wondering if I can make a rig with a hose, and transfer from the OPD tank to the old style tank.
You don't have a spare 20# tank? I keep a total of four tanks for grill, smoker, two spares. Of course, two are empty right now so thanks for the reminder.
On Sat, 12 May 2012 07:37:29 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Now you are just being cheap. The tank requires recertification - which is why nobody will refill it. Make an air pig out of it and move on.
On Sat, 12 May 2012 07:37:29 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Why? The new tanks are a PITA but you're not eliminating that step.