Propane fittings

I need to do some rework on the propane distribution at my cottage which I installed 20 or 30 years ago. It uses flare fittings and 3/8" copper tubing with regular rubber propane hoses to connect to two 100lb tanks. Valves let us select which tank is in use.

We just installed a new kitchen and I want to redo/reroute the propane connections and replace the tank fittings and valves - all of which are getting a little "tired" looking after all these years (everything is propane since there is no electricity).

When I did the install, these fittings and tubing were readily available at any hardware store but I can't seem to find them now.

Can anyone suggest where to get them and why they are no longer so readily available (new rules/laws?)

I'm in Canada if that makes a difference?

tia.

John

Reply to
John

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:45:39 -0500, "John"

I dont know about Canada, but in the US flexible copper pipe and fittings are in every hardware store. As far as the pipe getting "tired looking", that makes no sense at all. Copper pipe dont wear out from gas. Unless it's badly corroded from water, it should be fine. It just isnt as shiny as it was when new.

Reply to
me

By "tired" I mean, the tubing has been bent a few too many times moving the stove or fridge out from the wall to clean, paint or repair, it has a few "kinks in it here and there, the rubber tank hoses have that "saturated" smell they get after a few too many years, the flares on the tubing have been connected and disconnected one-too-many times, the fittings have rounded corners from too many ill-fitting wrenches etc.

Like most things, after 30 years of wear and tear, it's just ready for some TLC!

Interesting the fittings are still available in H/W stores in the US? Maybe I just haven't been in the right hardware or, maybe there is some law now in Canada about people doing their own propane connections?

John

Reply to
John