My propane fireplace has a battery operated wall unit that controls the pil
ot. Right now (summer) the batteries are dead, and the pilot isn't lit. I
was planning to clean the glass screen, and started to wonder if the propan
e is off and if it's safe to open the unit. Can someone help? Thanks!
firstname.lastname@example.org presented the following explanation :
Careful when cleaning the glass screen. Consult the manual or a service
technician to use the right cleaning solution. Some are coated with a
material which is damaged if you use the wrong cleaning technique, and
may cause it to crack when it next heats up.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.