Propane Bottle Caps?

After having two camp-stove type propane bottles develop audible leaks in the valves I am wondering if it is possible to buy metal caps to seal these and other propane bottles that I keep in my workshop?

Yes, but a simple threaded cap would be a more practical safeguard. I may have a total of four or five bottles of propane or mapp.
On 12/2/2011 2:52 PM, Davej wrote:

Did you try a Schrader valve tool/wrench to tighten the valve cores?
http://preview.tinyurl.com/83ceob8
TDD
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 21:24:03 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Generally the leakers I've had would require REPLACING the valve - which is difficult to do on a full roo
On 12/3/2011 11:03 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Most of them that I found leaking, stopped after I put a little twist on the valve core. I have a special tool for replacing valve cores on AC and refrigeration equipment without losing refrigerant and I suppose I could cobble together one for propane cylinders by using the parts of a tool like I have in the refrigeration tool. ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 21:24:03 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Generally the leakers I've had would require replacing the entire valve - which is difficult on a full tank at room temperature or anywhere close.