Projectile Vomiting In Cats

I've had a little female cat since she was a kitten. She was feral and abandoned under a bush by her mother so we took her in, bathed her to kill off the fleas and had her spayed... that was 4 years ago.

She's not exactly 'friendly' most of the time, preferring to come and go as she pleases tho *is* friendly with my 12 year old daughter, allowing only her to carry her, and sleeping on her bed during the day.

After a few years insisting on only eating 'Whiskas, we tried her on Purina dry food which she really took to and refuses to eat anything else we give her (tho is till partial to birds lizards, mice etc she catches herself). She has fresh water available of course but otherwise that's all we give her.

Problem is that she has taken to regularly throwing up... often just after eating. This might not be as bad as it sounds since our dogs clean up after her... except of course unless she has something wrong with her.

She doesn't throw up after *every* meal... maybe once a week or so... but it's still a concern and we're wondering what we should do about it - if anything. Other than this occasional problem... and forgetting she's 'house trained' now and then... she's pretty much a healthy animal, if skittish.

Should we be worried?? She's expendable so no biggie. Welshdog

Reply to
Welsh Dog

I was going to respond with helpful info about cat care until you posted that she was "expendable".

"Expendable"? What a douchebag! You are the "expendable" one.

Too bad you weren't sterilized before you polluted the earth with your defective genes.

I'm sure the cat newsgroups will happily rip you a new one, so f*ck off and die in pieces. Hopefully many, tiny, painfully extracted, pieces. PLONK!

H, you are a troll's delight....did you check the list of groups the message was posted to?

Reply to
norminn

Start feeding her outside?

Reply to
aemeijers

You're "expendable", too. PLONK!

He also has a back door problem. I wonder why he didn't post that to the cats group. Maybe he'll get all the info he needs on that from the Harry Potter group.

Reply to
hibb

Just by reading what you wrote and nothing else I can see that you are NOT cat person but maybe a dog person. Please don=92t get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with not being a cat person but you need to understand that dog people simply are incapable of caring for a cat and vise versa so you need to make a decision, either you need to get rid of your dogs or your cat, and the answer is obvious.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Oh by the way, with technology being what it is today unless you=92re a troll chances are your 12 year old daughter is going to read what you wrote her in the archive search that her personal computer will perform for her so don=92t expect her to hold your hand on your death- bed or any flowers on your grave fifty years from now.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Do you think it's the indoor air?

Welshdog

Reply to
Welsh Dog

No, but until you DO figure out the cure, if she barfs on the lawn, who cares? Haven't had a cat since puberty hit and I became allergic, but IIRC it is usually a reaction to eating too fast. As in, they think somebody else will eat it if they don't finish it. Do the dogs steal from her bowl? Solution may be as simple as a household I used to know, where the cat dish was halfway up the wall in the garage, next to where the stepladder was kept. Cat could get to it easily, but the dogs couldn't even see it. Their dish was right below, so they assumed they were smelling their own food, and didn't keep looking. Wish I had taken a picture of them all peacefully feeding, not 4 feet apart.

Failing that, try smaller portions and see if that makes a difference. If she wants more right away, she'll tell you. That is a common problem with dogs.

Reply to
aemeijers

On Wed 18 Aug 2010 06:26:25p, h told us...

I hope the next time kitty aims for his face! The lousy SOB.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

It's a long shot, but have you tried giving the cat some hair ball medicine? It might be a partial obstruction. If that doesn't work, then look into a worming medicine.

Nonny

Reply to
RES

Actually the problem is simple. The cat HATES TROLLS !!!! Having a troll for an owner must really upset her and make her puke. Find her a new home with loving people (unlike you).

Reply to
anonymous

How often do you give her hair ball medicine? ___________

Yes, you should be worried. Anybody that views a living creature as "expendable" is seriously flawed.

Reply to
dadiOH

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:16:53 -0400, Welsh Dog wrote Re Projectile Vomiting In Cats:

Hey, great troll Welshdog! Best one I've seen in a long time.

Anyway, to keep the troll going, I would say that no, you don't need to be worried. However if the vomiting becomes more frequent, you might consider not feeding the cat at all.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Good point!

Excellent idea!

Yes it is. If I try smaller portions and the cat doesn't eat, then she may die. She is taking in very little which icn't being projectile rejected.

Reply to
Welsh Dog

Good idea, Nonny!I can flavor some petrol jelly to taste like sardines, that should do it!

Reply to
Welsh Dog

Never I fear to say. __________

Aren't we all? It's a cat not a baby. Suggest that the flaws are yours.

Reply to
Welsh Dog

Has anyone suggested using a shopvac yet?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"Welsh Dog"

Well you are a dumb ass for sure after that last comment

In the PLONK file you go for being a total waste of life

CALL A VET

Reply to
Matthew